The Model 24 is a pull type ditcher-terracer capable of making drainage ditches,building and maintaining waterways and terraces and cleaning small road ditches.
The Model 24 is a pull-type ditcher-terracer designed to make surface drainage ditches, to construct and clean waterways, and to build and maintain terraces using your own farm tractor.
The Model 24 has a 36″ 4-paddle impeller (digging wheel) with a 24″ cutting edge. The paddles are made of T1 steel for longer life, but are easily replaceable when worn. The cutting edge is also easily replaceable when worn. The optional terracing shield with extension controls dirt for building and reshaping terraces. It allows soil to be placed within 7 feet of the machine or controlled up to 30 feet for broad based terraces. The optional deflector shield allows soil to be placed within 7 to 12 feet of the machine.
Hydraulic depth control utilizes the rear wheels to maintain grade and to give a smooth, flat bottom to the ditch. Telescoping axles on the rear wheels allow easier straddling of ditches and increases the machine’s stability when using it with the terracing shield. The standard depth gauge enables accurate cuts with each pass. The Model 24 is also easily laser adaptable for more precise grade control.
With a 100 HP tractor, the Model 24 can move up to 5 tons of dirt per minute; with a 140 HP tractor, up to 18 cubic yards of dirt per minute can be moved. This allows the operator to clean a 1,000 foot waterway, 30 feet wide by 1 foot deep every 2-1/2 hours. A 1/4 mile of terrace can be reshaped every hour with 140 HP widening the channel 15 feet and raising the terrace 15 inches.
The gearbox components are easily accessible by removing the back cover plate. The gearbox consists of large shafts, heavy-duty sprockets and bearings, and double 80 roller chain; all enclosed and running in an oil bath. The external idler adjustment is used to maintain proper chain tension.
Soil is thrown out the left side of the ditcher and may be distributed over a 100 foot area; rocks and other debris may go farther.
Depth of cut: up to 10 inches in a single pass and up to 28 inches in multiple passes.
Options for the Model 24: terracing shield with extension; deflector shield.
- Standard – 1-3/8-21 spline, 1000 RPM
- Optional – 1-3/4-20 spline, 1000 RPM
- PTO – 55 series PTO with shear bolts which overload at the tractor end
- Gearbox – 1/2″ material with double 80 roller chain, oil bath, external idler tension adjustment
- Impeller wheel – 36″ diameter with 4 paddles; 24″ cutting edge; optional heavy-debris paddles
- Hitch – Standard; Optional Cat Block Hitch
- Weight – Approximately 3,200 pounds without optional components; approximately 3,600 pounds with optional components; tongue weight approximately 1,200 pounds.
- HP required – 100 HP to 180 HP
- Call (812)886-9663 for availability & pricing