Who we are
Our website address is: http://hurricane-ditcher.com
Enterprise Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains how Hurricane Ditcher and its controlled affiliates collect, use and disclose Personal Information and Machine Data. This Statement also answers specific questions you may have regarding the privacy and security of collected data. If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Statement applies to Personal Information and Machine Data collected, used and disclosed by Hurricane Ditcher Inc. and its controlled affiliates. Additional privacy statements may apply. Hurricane Ditcher Inc. and its controlled affiliates in the United States and Canada may also have additional privacy statements as needed to comply with local laws. Country specific privacy statements may be found under “Additional Privacy Statements”. Finally, Hurricane Ditcher Inc. products are distributed through our network of Hurricane Ditcher dealers and distributors, independently owned and operated businesses, which may have their own privacy policies.
Types of Information and Data We Collect
Hurricane Ditcher Inc and its controlled affiliates collect “Personal Information” and “Machine Data”. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information about your that we can tie to Personal Information. Hurricane Ditcher Inc. and its controlled affiliates collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, phone number, username, mailing address, email address, and language preference
- Relationship Information that helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you, such as property or business information, your general location, and other demographic information
- Transaction Information about how you interact with us, our dealers and business partners, including purchases, inquiries, and customer accounts
Machine Data is data generated by, collected by, or stored in your equipment or any hardware or device interacing with your equipment. Machine Data includes the location of your equipment, the number of engine hours of your equipment, data regarding equipment operation, and equipment diagnostic data.
How Hurricane Ditcher Collects Information and Data
Directly From You: We collect Perosnal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Perosnal Infmration (e.g. Contact Information and Relationship Information) when you interact with us, such as when you register on our website, sign up to receive a newsletter, or make a purchase. We also collect Personal Informatin for when you contact us, such as for customer service purposes.
From Your Equipment: If applicable – describe here.
How Hurricane Ditcher Uses Information and Data (the “Purposes”)
Hurricane Ditcher uses Personal Information and Machine Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer Service: to fulfill orders for products or services, and for other services related to your order, such as product delivery, maintenance, warranty service, financing, leasing, and credit services;
- Product and Customer Support: to provide support, including monitoring and manageing the health of your machines, to deliver upgrades and product improvement program communications, and for diagnostics and repairs, product safety and recalls;
- Marketing: to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from Hurricane Ditcher or our dealers, suppliers and partners, inlcuding offers based on your interests, personal and business characteristics and location;
- Surveys & Promotional Events: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs adn other promotional events;
- Eligibility: to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers;
- Communications: to provide you with information that may be of interest, such as Hurricane Ditcher news, company marketing materials and catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical serive bulletins; and
- Manage Our Everyday Business Needs: such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, product safety, contract management, website administration, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
Why Information and Data are Disclosed by Hurricane Ditcher
Hurricane Ditcher understands that you may not want us to provide Personal Information and Machine Data to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We limit our sharing of Personal Information and Machine Data as follows:
- We may share Personal Information and Machine Data withour affiliated companies, suppliers, authorized dealers and distributors, and business partners, which may use it for the Purposes listd above.
- We may also share Personal Infromation and Machine Data with our service providers to fulfill the Purposes on our behalf. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the information and data, and to only use it in accordance with our instructions.
- We may disclose Personal Information and Machine Data where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will also disclose Personal Information and Machine Data when required to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Please note that we may also disclose information and data about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers and equipment. These reports do not contain information that would enable the recipient to contact, locate or identify you.
Cookies and Similar Collection Technologies
When you visit our website, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that webiste send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website paes or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click and email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system stype, browser type, doman, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address or derivative of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is an unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Hurricane Ditcher and the website you visit after you leave.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. Additonally, if the settings on your geo-aware mobile devices permit our mobile applications to collect location information, we will collect that information automatically. This Statement governs how we use all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
You can limit the information you provide to Hurricane Ditcher. You can also limit the communications that Hurricane Ditcher sends to you.
You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface. All browsers and interfaces are different, so fivist the “help” section of your browser or interfce to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with Hurricane Ditcher, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
Information and Data Security
Hurricane Ditcher has implemented an information and data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonbly safeguard Personal Information and Machine Data. We use industry-standard technology to secure your sensitive Personal Information when it is being collecged and transmitted over the Internet.
Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information and data by Hurricane Ditcher. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them iwth information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
California Consumer Privacy Statement
In addition to your rights outlined above, California law provides for additnoal rights for California consumers. You have the right to request a description of hte categories and specific pieces of Personal Information about you we have collected and the categories of Personal Information about you that we may disclose for a business purpose to third parties, along wiht a description of the categories of third parties that may recieve that Personal Informatin. We do not sell your Personal Information.
You also have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you. Personal Information that is needed to complete a transaction, provide goods or services you requested, perform our contract(s) with you, or that was reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or that we can otherwise retain under applicable law, may not be deleted.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at
Hurricane Ditcher Company, Inc.
2425 South Cathlinette Road
Vincennes, IN 47591